Subscribe at: https://groups.google.com/g/jsf-music

Monday, July 18, 2022

Memphis

I have a bit of an obsession about Memphis and Graceland, the home of Elvis Presley, but I've never been to either. Can't really explain it, but I want to go there. I will one day, but in the meantime, there are two songs I listen to over and over that keep me close.



The first is Paul Simon's brilliant Graceland. It's just a perfect song, with a fast-paced beat and excellent lyrics that make you want to hop on a plane.

The second is not quite as well known, but just as good. A few years ago I went to a Mary Chapin Carpenter concert (if you don't know her music, it's worth looking up). The warm-up act was Marc Cohn, a singer songwriter best known for his iconic song Walking in Memphis. Some of my favorite lyrics of all time.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment