Subscribe at: https://groups.google.com/g/jsf-music

Monday, June 27, 2022

Last Music Monday at Google

I've decided to leave you with a lovely version of one of the most beautiful pieces of music ever written, Beethoven's Ode to Joy. Watch what happens in this square in Sabadell, Spain when the little girl drops a coin into the musician's hat. (Note: this is actually a TV commercial for a Spanish bank, but the performance is quite special, and what is a flash mob anyway but the reactions of the spectators?) 

I hope the music leaves you with a smile, as it does for me and as it did for this commenter:

I have watched this video many times; it always lifts my spirits.  When I get to the point that I'm feeling as though everything is hopeless, I come to watch this; I see the joy on the faces of everyone from every apparent walk of life - and especially the excitement on the faces of the children in the crowd. I wonder how many of those children will remember this for perhaps the rest of their lives, and may look to music to be the path they take in life.


No comments:

Post a Comment